Telephone: 663-6344 Hours: 6:45 am – 4:00 pm
A parent must notify the office within 2 days of the student's absence (either through a phone call or written note). If your student misses school, please call the office or send him/her with a written excuse the next day. The student must take the note to attendance before returning to class. Students will be penalized with a truant absence and will be assigned Saturday School if their parent fails to call the office or provide a written note within 2 days of the absence.
Students are tardy if they are not in the classroom when the bell rings. Tardies are cumulative by semester. The tardy policy is listed below.
- First Tardy: Teacher counsels student.
- Second and Third Tardy: The teacher assigns student detention and contacts the parent or guardian. Failure to serve detention after the appropriate options may result in a referral.
- Fourth Tardy: The student will be referred to the counselor. The counselor may assign a detention and contact the parent or guardian.
- Fifth and Sixth Tardy: The assistant principal may assign a Saturday School and contact the parent or guardian.
- Beyond Sixth: A Parent/Student/Assistant Principal conference with possible referral to the Truancy Reduction Center, initiation of SARB process and an Attendance Contract.