Attendance and Tardy Policy
Telephone: 714-663-6344 Hours: 6:45 am – 4:00 pm
A parent must notify the office within 2 days of the student's absence through a phone call, a written note, or by sending a message through ParentSquare. Students will be penalized with a truant absence and will be assigned Saturday School if their parent fails to call the office or send a message through ParentSquare within 2 days of the absence.
Students are tardy if they are not in the classroom when the bell rings. Tardies are cumulative by semester. The tardy policy is listed below.
- First Tardy: Teacher counsels student.
- Second and Third Tardy: The teacher assigns student detention and contacts the parent or guardian. Failure to serve detention after the appropriate options may result in a referral.
- Fourth Tardy: The student will be referred to the counselor. The counselor may assign a detention and contact the parent or guardian.
- Fifth and Sixth Tardy: The assistant principal may assign a Saturday School and contact the parent or guardian.
- Beyond Sixth: A Parent/Student/Assistant Principal conference with possible referral to the Truancy Reduction Center, initiation of SARB process and an Attendance Contract.